Friday, February 19, 2010

Hey NOW...Nice Try...

Well, the NOW Gang's at it again (National Organization for Women, in case you're wondering)...deriding the Tim Tebow Superbowl ad as something that promotes violence against women. I guess they couldn't come up with anything better than that on short notice. Perhaps they'd like to rethink this one? Especially in light of the Snickers Superbowl ad with Betty White.

Here's the Tim Tebow ad...



According to the LA Times on 2/8/10: "NOW president Terry O'Neill said it glorified violence against women. 'I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it,' she said. 'That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself.'"

Huh...strange, but I don't remember a similar press release from the president of NOW about the Snickers Superbowl ad...here it is...



Weird...it looks almost the same...I guess I'm missing something.  Perhaps NOW is enlightened about the situational ethics of violence against women that I--as an insensitive, hateful, terroristic, right-winger--could never hope to understand.  Or...maybe they're just plain WRONG!

Nice try NOW Gang...but next time, try using something that's not so predictable and easy to debunk...

NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment